The BLMK Directory of Care Courses & Information for Home-Based Care Staff
The BLMK Directory of Care Courses & Information for Home-Based Care Staff has been launched here.
What is it?
An on-line portal which enables staff working in Nursing and Residential Care Homes and Domiciliary Care Agencies to find details of recommended training for specific topics that help support local people to receive care where they live. These areas are:
- Falls, moving and handling people
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Tissue Viability, Pressure Ulcers, Wounds, Nutrition & Hydration
It also highlights training relevant for volunteers, unpaid and paid carers and personal assistants of care within these areas.
How has it been developed?
With the representatives from clinical commissioning groups and councils in BLMK and staff working in health and social care, a Home-Based Care staff group was formed which has prioritised this initiative and inputted into the development of the directory. Health Education England and Skills for Care have also championed this work.
How will it help?
- Care providers and their staff use this Directory as a tool to source consistent and recommended courses.
- Care providers will encourage staff to complete key priority courses within the Directory that are relevant to their care provision.
- Training and education recommended within the portal is recognised by all BLMK care providers and supports the development of a personal training passport that is recognised across local care providers for when staff move to a new role.
- Staff are supported with their training needs and feel valued and recognised as a skilled and competent workforce.
How can I get involved?
- Visit the portal and let staff working in Nursing and Residential Care Homes and Domiciliary Care Agencies know about this new resource.