Considering Cultural Diversity in Health & Care
Lunchtime Seminar for health & care workforce to enhance cultural awareness when supporting Black African and Black Caribbean communities
About this event
The Cultural Awareness module is designed to support health and care professionals in delivering safe, high quality and culturally tailored health care services for people from Black African and Black Caribbean communities.
• Distinguishing between cultural competence and cultural humility
• Communicating effectively with people (patients, carers, service users) from Black African and Black Caribbean communities
• Being aware of your own world view
• Building positive attitudes towards cultural differences
• Comparing and contrasting different cultural practices and world views that impact health decisions in Black communities
• Describing and recommending key skills for communication and interaction across Black communities
When: Wednesday 20 July – 12 – 1pm.