BLMK King’s Fund Programme
The King’s Fund is an independent charity working to improve health and care in England, there work consists of the following:
- undertaking research and analysis – ideas, expertise and evidence will shape policy and practice
- developing individuals, teams and organisations – building capability to improve care
- promoting understanding of the health and social care system
- bringing people together – through events and networks – to learn, share knowledge and debate.
In early 2018 the King’s Fund took forward a programme aimed at experienced directors drawn from the BLMK organisations. Each of the four place-based transformation boards were invited to put forward four participants, creating four placed-based director-level groups participating in the programme. The groups consisted of senior NHS and local authority managers and clinicians working collectively to drive forward placed-based system change and projects that will provide a focus for shared collaborative learning.
The programme took the form of two modules sessions which focused on providing participants with some frameworks to support even better: Leadership behaviours, Leadership knowledge and skill and Self-management skill and strategies. Participants were also offered individual two coaching sessions to support them in making some changes and providing them with space to reflect on some of the key dynamics in their ‘place’ and the wider ICS.
Participants rated the programme as very good or excellent some commenting: “An opportunity to work with colleagues across the whole STP system with convergence of views”. Understanding some of the behaviours required for effective collaborative working” “Opportunity to mix with colleagues across the ICS” “Allowed time to engaged with colleagues”.
Florence Nightingale Foundation Scholarships
The prestigious Florence Nightingale Foundation Scholarships are now open and will close on 14th September 2018.
They offer 3 types of scholarship:
- Leadership (Emerging band 7-8 and Aspiring Nurse/Midwife Director)
- Research – themed research to work with our FNF Clinical Professors
Please see the website for more details https://florence-nightingale-foundation.org.uk/scholarships/
In addition, this year to celebrate NHS 70, they are offering 2 leadership programmes for 140 nurses and midwives.
- Windrush Leadership Programme is open for 70 BME nurses and midwives – band 5&6. It is fully funded by HEE. Closing date is 31st August 2018.
- “70 for 70” Leadership Programme open for 70 London nurses and midwives – band 5&6. It is fully funded by NHSE/I London. Closing date is 20th August 2018.