Data Protection & Your Information
Work-Learn-Live is an online information hub which will bring together all education and development opportunities available to healthcare professionals practicing within Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK). This website gives users the option to register, which will enable further access to all areas of the website.
Upon registration users are prompted to share their name and email address, the website does store this personal information, if volunteered to us by you. At point of registration you are also able to select options which will personalise the content you see. For example by sector, if you would only like to find about Primary Care. These preferences will also be recorded but the user only can alter them at any time.
Information we collect about you:
Personal – details about you such as your name and email address
Special Category – A selection of customised preferences, as selected by user.
All information will be kept and destroyed in line with NHS Retention and Destruction Guidance.
How we collect your information:
The information we hold about you will be information you have given us upon registration.
How we protect your information:
The website has sufficient IP restriction and security certificate in place. With SQL injection support and anti-hacking development approaches. The website has full back up, on a 30 day retention basis. We also have measures in place to keep our IT Network safe.
What we use your information for:
To monitor level of usage of the website and ensure any restricted content is accessed by suitable users only.
Who we share your information with:
BLMK partner organisations, as follows:
The three NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups:
- Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Luton Clinical Commissioning Group
- Milton Clinical Commissioning Group
The four local councils:
The three local hospitals:
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Community care, mental health and ambulance service providers:
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Do I have the right to see what information you hold about me?
EU and UK Data Protection Laws give you the right to request and be provided with a copy of information we hold about you.
You may also have the right to:
- Ask for information to be corrected if inaccurate or incomplete.
- Ask us to restrict the use of your information.
- Object to how we use your information.
These rights will be applied in line with relevant legislation and official national guidance.
If you would like more information about your rights, about how we process your information or if you feel your confidentiality has been breached, please contact: Bedfordshire CCG