Care training directory
Support 4 Memory
Intended audience group: 1
Unpaid carers, volunteers, personal assistants for care for people living with conditions in their own home. It will also provide awareness information for people living with a condition.
A registered charity based in Bedford, it is dedicated to providing a range of accessible and flexible groups and offer a wide range of activities which provide cognitive and physical stimulation in a safe and supportive space. Our groups are for people in all stages of dementia, diagnosed or not, and those who support them.
Our usual schedule of services, groups and activities are suspended until further notice and we are now delivering our new service provision as outlined below.
- Phone call contact from staff team A weekly contact call, a chance for a quick chat and to share worries and concerns you might have.
- Online group activities We’re using zoom to run Music 4 Memory sessions, poetry and exercise sessions as well as CST and other discussion groups.
- Increased use of social media our facebook page, website and YouTube channel
- An additional mid week newsletter more of a ‘magazine’ edition with poems, quizzes, jokes, thoughts, something we can all contribute to and share our ideas with each other (it’s easy to sign up for this just call the office or follow the link on the website)
- email CST we can email CST materials to you so can work on these at home with your family.
- You will always be able to contact us through the office should you need information, a bit of emotional support or just a friendly chat. You can email us in the usual ways, or call the office from 9.30am- 3.30pm Monday to Friday. If we aren’t available leave a message and your number as we’ll be picking up messages every hour and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- There is plenty we can and will still do to support you, your families and each other. Let’s share ideas and skills.