Directory of ASC Workforce Care Courses and Information
What is the Directory of ASC Workforce Care Courses & Information?
This Directory provides access to current priority care courses and information for adult social care provision. The intention of this directory is to provide access to consistent and quality standard information and learning. These resources are those advocated by the BLMK Councils BLMK Clinical Commissioning Groups) and Bedfordshire Care Group Ltd. Resources are also signposted as offered by local hospices and charities.
Who is the ASC Care Courses & Information directory for?
For all who are involved in providing a care provision for adults within the home, social care and healthcare, that includes:
- people living with conditions, unpaid carers (family, friends), paid carers, volunteers, personal assistants of care
- front line staff in all adult health and social care environments
- registered front line staff in all adult health and social care environments including where relevant primary care
What is the content of the Directory?
The BLMK Home Based Care partners have recommended the priority topics of learning that will support adult local people with their care needs in their preferred place of residence (at home or residential) as being:
- Autism & Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviour (new)
- Clinical Skills (e.g., stoma care, catheter)
- Covid-19 Recovery
- Diabetes (new)
- Equality Diversity & Human Rights (includes diversity & inclusion and unconscious bias)
- Falls, moving and handling people
- First Aid (new)
- Infection Control
- Leadership Development (e.g., supervision, strength-based approach) (new)
- Medicine Use
- Mental Health
- Oral Health
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Record Keeping
- Tissue Viability, Pressure Ulcers, Wounds, Nutrition & Hydration
Is the Directory up to date?
This directory will be updated on a six-monthly basis and new priorities added when required. If you cannot find a course, having problems with a link or have any queries or suggestions, please click here to email the BLMK ICB Workforce Development Academy.
What is the benefit of using this Directory?
You will be able to quickly source learning and information for you or your staff. These resources, the quality standard of which, are endorsed by BLMK Councils, BLMK Integrated Care Board, Bedfordshire Care Group Ltd. and relevant partners. There is a “wish list” facility that if you register with the “BLMK Work Learn Live” website it will then be saved. You can also download the wish list to excel for you to save and reflect on. We have added BLMK as a location so please use this as well as your own location to ensure you capture everything available.
The BLMK ICS Workforce Academy would like to thank the Councils, BLMK Integrated Care Board, Bedfordshire Care Group Ltd, local charities and agencies for their input and support in the development of this directory.
Note for Personalised Care Courses that are for ALL health and social care staff please click here for the Directory.
Latest update: 10 August 2022