Please note that face to face courses signposted in this Directory may be delivered via webinars. We are currently checking which ones.
What is the Care Courses & Information Directory?
This Directory provides access to current priority care courses and information for care provision. The intention of this directory is to provide access to consistent and quality standard information and learning These resources are those advocated by the BLMK Councils BLMK Clinical Commissioning Groups) and Bedfordshire Care Group. Resources are also represented by local hospices and charities.
Who is the Care Courses & Information directory for?
For all who are involved in providing a care provision within the home, social care and healthcare, that includes:
- people living with conditions, unpaid carers (family, friends), paid carers, volunteers, personal assistants of care
- front line staff in all health and social care environments
- registered front line staff in all health and social care environments including where relevant primary care
What is the content of the Directory?
The BLMK Home Based Care partners have recommended the priority topics of learning that will support local people with their care needs in their preferred place of residence (at home or residential) as being:
- Dental Hygiene (currently being researched)
- Equality & Human Rights
- Falls, moving and handling people
- Infection Control
- Medicine Use (Updated Nov 2020)
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Tissue Viability, Pressure Ulcers, Wounds, Nutrition & Hydration
- Unconscious Bias
The BLMK Adult Social Care Learning Charter
A BLMK Adult Social Care Learning Charter has now been developed that Councils (have endorsed) and we intend all Social Care Providers will sign up to. This Charter is aligned to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014: Regulation 18 and H&SC Act 2008, inserted 2014 Section 20 subsection 4A .
Is the Directory up to date?
This directory will be updated on a quarterly basis and new priorities added when required . If you cannot find a course, having problems with a link or have any queries, please click here to email
Thank you !
The BLMK ICS Workforce Academy would like to thank the Councils, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Bedfordshire Care Group, local charities and agencies for their input and support in the development of this directory.