Espresso CPD: invasive Group A streptococcus (free module)
0.25 CPD hours
Dr Pipin Singh reminds healthcare professionals of the signs and symptoms of scarlet fever and invasive group A streptococcus (GAS) infection, and relays management advice from the UK Health Security Agency. Key learning points include symptoms of GAS, practical tools to aid diagnosis and prescribing advice.
After reading this module, healthcare professionals should be better able to:
- Be aware of the symptoms of GAS and differential diagnoses
- Conduct an appropriate examination
- Order the right investigations
- Know when to refer patients
- Be aware of current advice on prescribing and notification
MIMS Learning provides CPD learning for all health and social care workforces.
You will need to register on the website to gain access and click on “I am a healthcare professional”.