The course will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia and will help to prepare you to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of dementia is required.
- The course explains what dementia is, the most common types of dementia and the causes associated with them.
- It also looks at how other people can have an impact on an individual with dementia.
- You will look at the knowledge and understanding required to enable an individual with dementia to experience well-being and the role of the carer.
- You will learn how the different communication needs and abilities of individuals can be taken into account to encourage positive interaction.
- The course also looks at the medication available to and appropriate for individuals with dementia, and explores specific needs that some individuals may have when receiving medication.
- You will also look at the different behaviours of individuals with dementia and how to respond to certain types of behaviour and how engaging in social activities to enhance mental, physical and social well-being can benefit individuals with dementia.
All of the Level 2 courses are free. These courses last up to 16 weeks and you can start them at any point throughout the year, and complete them in your own free time.