Care training directory
My care coordination advice line
All learning groups based in Luton
My care coordination team are based at Keech Hospice Care. They are an administrative team who act as first point of contact for palliative patients deemed to be within the last two years of life that are registered with a Luton GP.
Health professionals (residential care and nursing homes, domiciliary and other social care providers) and families are also able to seek advice via our telephone number. This offer is to
The team are supported by the Out of Hours Rapid Response Palliative Care Support Workers who visit patients and their families in their own homes upon discharge from Hospital/Hospice or to emotionally support them during their end of life in their preferred place of care.
The GP, community nurse, social worker etc. remain the keyworker and continue to provide clinical assessments supported by our team.
What do the team do?
- Advice and support telephone service for patients, families, carers and health professionals – calls are answered 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- Support patients to be in their preferred place of care
- Prevent unnecessary / avoidable Hospital admissions
- Increase/decrease care packages
- Help with any adhoc admin duties, cancel appointments, chase prescriptions/medical reports etc.
- Once a patient consents to the MCCT, we are able to share their record on SystmOne to all health professionals involved in their care.
How to Consent a Patient
- Call the Advice Line 0808 180 7788 between 8:00 and 17:00 and give the patient details to the Co-ordinator who will register the patient onto SystmOne.
- Health Professional is responsible for obtaining consent from the patient and having the conversation regarding our Service. This conversation should be documented on SystmOne by the Health Professional.
When do we work?
- Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 09:00 – 17:00
- At other times the line is available for support and advice and is answered by a qualified Nurse on the Adult Inpatient Unit at Keech Hospice Care.
Telephone Number: 0808 180 7788
Email Address: email@example.com