Care training directory
Patient Activation Measure (PAM)
Intended audience group 3
All local authorities, health and well-being boards, clinical commissioning groups whose staff are involved in strategic planning and commissioning of personalised care in the BLMK footprint.
Aims to provide practical and operational support to organisations looking to implement the PAM. It focusses on why patient activation is important and what organisations need to consider before implementation. It should be used in the context of a fully integrated approach to personalised care.
Insignia online training (available at: http://training.insigniahealth.com/login. aspx);
- how the PAM works and its purpose; the importance of keeping to its wording;
- how to introduce the PAM;
- how to address language and literacy issues;
- how to respond to a patient’s needs;
- all of the possible influences on patients completing the questionnaire and their impact;
- how staff can be supported to deliver the PAM within routine workflows.