Care training directory
Person Centred Approaches (Step 1 & 2 of framework)
Intended Audience Group:
This eLearning is aimed at people working with people, families or communities in different services in the public, private and not for profit sectors.
The scope of this e-learning is to introduce the behaviours, knowledge and skills for person-centred approaches, including the values, core communication and relationship building skills, engaging people and enabling and supporting people.
You will cover the core transferable behaviours, knowledge and skills for person-centred approaches, and see the application of these through the five stories. (Step 1 and Step 2 learning outcomes have colour-coded icons linked to each step). There are eleven modules and includes a Learning Journal to document thoughts and reflections on the person-centred approaches covered in the course. It can also be used to plan how to take the learning forward and put it into practice
The outcome of this course learners will:
- Explore person-centred approaches and why they are important. Components and examples of person-centred
approaches are discussed alongside the benefits of working in this way.
- Be aware of your own values, beliefs, prejudices, assumptions and stereotypes when working with people
- Confidently demonstrate the core communication skills for relationship building and information gathering
- View the demonstration of the principles, behaviours, knowledge and skills needed for person-centred approaches
in the five stories
- Explore co-production, person-centred measurement and how this can inform and support service improvement, and setting your own goals to embed this approach