Care training directory
Reablement e-learning course
Intended audience group : All
All frontline health and social care staff, including home care workers.
Updated January 2021
Reablement is about helping people regain the ability to look after themselves following illness or injury. This is an important element in the Government’s prevention agenda, which is aimed at keeping people as independent as possible for as long as possible. Reablement is different to traditional home care, so staff need to think and behave differently when they are delivering the service.
Use this course to find out about reablement, how it differs from home care and intermediate care, and why and how the service should be delivered.
- Introduction to reablement
- Reablement and the Care Act
- The role and benefits of reablement
- Communication and working together
- Types of support
- Putting together a support plan
- Preparing for the service to end
- Understand what reablement is
- Give you knowledge of key elements of reablement services
- Understand how the approach differs from traditional home care
- Feel more confident in your day-to-day work.