Physician Associates in Primary Care
Health Education England launched a campaign to showcase the benefits of employing a Physician Associate in general practice. Physician Associates (PAs) are healthcare professionals who are trained in the medical model and can complement the work of GPs and the wider practice team. Toolkits with newsletter and social media copy aimed at GPs and PAs are attached. You can also access images and videos to support the campaign and find out more here.
A range of resources about the role and impact of Physician Associations (PAs) in primary care are available at the Faculty of Physician Associates website including:
- Physician Associates, a working solution in primary care – a short overview of the role and how these clinical graduates complement GPs and add extra flexibility and capacity in the practice team.
Further information, FAQs and local contacts are also available here.
HEE has launched two new films in a push to get Physicians’ Associates to choose GP which you may find useful:
Hosting A Physician Associate
- 2019-20 GP Placement Guide
- Student Clinical Logbook
- MSc PA Competence and Curriculum Framework
- MSc PA Matrix of Core Clinical Conditions
- Sample week one in General Practice placement timetable Dec 2019
See below a video ‘A day in the life of a PA in general practice’: